Hagstrom hardshell cases are manufactured using high grade plywood and feature heavy-duty gold-plated latches, a comfortable ergonomically soft handle, and a deep plush protective lining which reduces interior movement. The case exterior is made of durable vintage tan Tolex, with a gracefully emblazoned Hagstrom logo. Seams are reinforced with heavy brown stitching, with tasteful leatherette stitched sides.
The rectangular flat cases used for the Pat Smear Signature, Metropolis, HB-8, and RetroScape models feature dark brown leatherette end caps with distinctive brown stitching. The cases for the Super Swede, Swede, Ultra Swede, Viking and H-series hollow-body models, feature a rigid, arched top and form-fitting design.
Hagstrom bags are carefully designed to provide a perfectly snug fit. A unique B-Weave assembly incorporated into the sides provides superior protection and is also lighter and less bulky than other conventional gig bags.
Hagstrom bags come in different sizes:
- Small for all solid-body guitars
- Medium for Viking® models
- Large for hollow-body jazz models.
- One universal size for solid bass guitars
- Viking® Bass
- Acoustic Guitars
- tear-resistant Cordura coating
- specially reinforced using structural B-Weave material
- rigid ergonomic handle
- two large accessory pouches
- removable shoulder straps with extra padding
- extra-cushioned padded back for added comfort when used as a backpack
- soft padding
- additional bottom and headstock protectors
- wide, removable neck support with Velcro fastener for neck security
- when removed, the neck support can be used for workbench adjustments, etc.
- additional accessory compartment